LAST CHANCE AUTOCROSS
What: Autocross driving event
When: Saturday September 30, 2023
Where: Colorado Air and Space Port tarmac (former Front Range Airport)
Directions: I-70 east to exit 299 (Manila Rd.) go north on Manila Rd. (or left off exit) cross over E. Colfax Ave. (old Route 36) then cross RR tracks and turn right on E. 30th Ave, go thru the gate, follow this road approx.. 3.1 miles, turn left into venue.
Times: 7:00am – gates open
8:00am Registration opens
8:45am course walk with Instructors
9:00am mandatory Drivers Meeting and Safety briefing
~3:30pm event ends, “beer thirty” celebration and social time
Cost: $60/per driver
Charity: ALS Society- Rocky Mountain Chapter
This is the last autocross of the driving season, so come on out to get your fill of dodging cones!
There are no restaurants or food service, so pack a lunch and maybe bring a chair. Porta-potties are on-site.
The RMR PCA will provide plenty of water to keep you hydrated.
There will be Instructors available to ride with you to improve your driving skills. We also have some loaner helmets if you don’t have your own.
Questions? Event Chair – Jon Barr 719-640-0540 email@example.com
- The event is also open to licensed 16 and 17 year olds. RMR Junior Participation forms and instructions can be found under the forms tab on the club’s website. Please read them carefully.
- Please register early to assure your spot. PCA and Audi Club Members will receive preference provided they have registered by Aug 15. After Aug 15 open spots will be filled first come first served based on registration date.
- Pre-registration for this event is required as it allows us to plan for ‘beer thirty’ as well as organize the event, pre-configure timing and obtain volunteers.
- A Porsche is not required. Only SUV’s with a Porsche, Audi, Volkswagen or BMW badges are permitted and no pickups. Convertibles are just fine and you can run them with the top down.
- Restrooms are available onsite, however no concessions are available nor are any nearby. Please remember to bring your own lunch and plenty of non alcoholic drinks for use during the day.
- You will need a Snell rated 2015 or newer helmet. Motorcycle helmets with this designation are acceptable. The club has several loaner helmets available.
- We will divide autocross participants into 7 simple classes based upon car type and performance capabilities. Classing is optional, you may select TO (Time Only Class). Read below for further details before proceeding to the registration form.
Directions to the Colorado Air and Space Port autocross site:
- Caution: Do not use your GPS using the airport address. GPS will take you to the main terminal and that is not the correct location.
- I-70 East to Manilla Road Exit 299
- Turn left (North) and continue to the stop sign at Highway 36 (Colfax)
- Continue North on Manila Road across Highway 36 and over the railroad tracks.
- Make an immediate right hand turn in front of the Front Range airport sign and go through the gate.
- Follow the road east and then north to the autocross site.
If you can volunteer to assist the chair in setting up the course and other activities to make this a successful event please call or send an email to Scott Pedram firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to review the class list below to determine your car class BEFORE proceeding to the registration form!
- Top Tech to be held prior to the start of each run group on Sunday. Please remove all loose items from within the car and the trunk(s).
- 7:00 to 8:30 Complete Autocross Setup (Volunteers Needed)
- 8:00 to 9:00 Registration/Check-in/Course Open for Walking
- 9:00 to 9:30 Drivers Meeting (Mandatory)
- 9:45 Corner Workers Out (Group B)
- 10:00 Group A – First Car on Course AM
- 10:45 Group B – First Car on Course AM
- ~12:00 Lunch Break (No Concessions. Bring your own lunch and non-alcoholic drinks.)
- ~12:45 Corner Workers Out (Group B)
- ~1:00 Group A – First Car on Course PM
- ~1:45 Group B – First Car on Course PM
- ~3:00 Course Tear Down
- ~3:00 Beer Thirty
Autocross Competition Classes
- TO = Time Only or Non-Porsche
- Select the TO class if you will drive something other than a Porsche, or if you drive a Porsche and do not wish to place your car in a Porsche class
- CS = Class SUV — All Cayenne, Macan & Panamera models
- C1 = Class 1
- 356 (all)
- 912, 912E
- 914 (all)
- 911 (thru 1988)
- 924, 944, 968, 928
- 911 Turbo (3.3 liter and under, pre-1994)
- Boxster – 986 (non-S, thru 2004)
- C2 = Class 2
- Boxster – 986 (S models, thru 2004)
- Boxster & Cayman – 987.1 (non-S, 2005 – 2008)
- 911- 964 & 993 (non-Turbo, 1989 – 1998)
- C3 = Class 3
- Boxster & Cayman – 987.1 (S models, 2005-2008)
- Boxster & Cayman – 987.2 or 981 (non-S, 2009-2016)
- 911 – 964 Turbo (1990-1994)
- 911 – 993 Turbo (1994-1998)
- 911 – 996 & 997.1 (1999-2008)
- C4 = Class 4
- Boxster & Cayman – 982/718 (non-S, 2017->)
- Boxster & Cayman – 987.2 & 981 (R/S/GTS, 2009-2016)
- 911 – 996 & 997.1 (S/GTSs, 1999-2008)
- 911 – 997.2 & 991 & 992 (non-S, 2009->)
- C5 = Class 5
- Boxster & Cayman – 982/718 (S/GTS/GTS 4.0 models, 2017->)
- Boxster Spyder – 981 & 718 (2016->)
- 911- 997.2 & 991 & 992 (S/GTS/X51, 2009->)
- 911 – 996 & 997 & 991 & 992 (Turbo/Turbo S, 1999->)
- GT2 & GT3 & GT4 (all)
- Carrera GT
- Taycan (all)