Are you the quickest air 911, Boxster, Turbo, Macan? This event is a great chance to try out your new found skills and to compete against the clock.
We encourage you to register if you are new to the club, new to your Porsche or other favorite four wheel means of transport, want to improve your driving technique or simply want to enjoy your Porsche in a safe environment. This event will be held at the Colorado Air and Space Port, formerly known as Front Range Airport.
Are you familiar with Autocross? Autocross is a performance driving experience conducted in a safe environment at relatively low speeds (2nd gear). You will not hurt your car and more importantly you will not hurt yourself. Autocross is a lot fun and provides small doses of adrenaline rush that will keep you smiling for days. You will gain additional confidence in your driving ability, learn the limits of your car’s braking capabilities, practice correct seating, hand, feet and vision positions, as well as push and perhaps exceed the limits of your tire’s adhesion capabilities.
By the way, autocross is a huge social event and a great time to meet new club members and visit with friends.
If you can volunteer to assist the chair in setting up the course and other activities to make this a successful event please contact us!
- The event is also open to licensed 16 and 17 year olds. RMR Junior Participation forms and instructions can be found under the forms tab on the club’s website. Please read them carefully.
- Please register early to assure your spot. PCA and Audi Club Members will receive preference provided they have registered by Aug 15. After Aug 15 open spots will be filled first come first served based on registration date.
- Pre-registration for this event is required as it allows us to plan for ‘beer thirty’ as well as organize the event, pre-configure timing and obtain volunteers.
- A Porsche is not required. Only SUV’s with a Porsche, Audi, Volkswagen or BMW badges are permitted and no pickups. Convertibles are just fine and you can run them with the top down.
- Restrooms are available onsite, however no concessions are available nor are any nearby. Please remember to bring your own lunch and plenty of non alcoholic drinks for use during the day.
- You will need a Snell rated 2015 or newer helmet. Motorcycle helmets with this designation are acceptable. The club has several loaner helmets available.
- We will divide autocross participants into 7 simple classes based upon car type and performance capabilities. Classing is optional, you may select TO (Time Only Class). Read below for further details before proceeding to the registration form.
Directions to the Colorado Air and Space Port autocross site:
- Caution: Do not use your GPS using the airport address. GPS will take you to the main terminal and that is not the correct location.
- I-70 East to Manilla Road Exit 299
- Turn left (North) and continue to the stop sign at Highway 36 (Colfax)
- Continue North on Manila Road across Highway 36 and over the railroad tracks.
- Make an immediate right hand turn in front of the Front Range airport sign and go through the gate.
- Follow the road east and then north to the autocross site.
If you can volunteer to assist the chair in setting up the course and other activities to make this a successful event please call or send an email to Scott Pedram firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to review the class list below to determine your car class BEFORE proceeding to the registration form!
- Top Tech to be held prior to the start of each run group on Sunday. Please remove all loose items from within the car and the trunk(s).
- 7:00 to 8:30 Complete Autocross Setup (Volunteers Needed)
- 8:00 to 9:00 Registration/Check-in/Course Open for Walking
- 9:00 to 9:30 Drivers Meeting (Mandatory)
- 9:45 Corner Workers Out (Group B)
- 10:00 Group A – First Car on Course AM
- 10:45 Group B – First Car on Course AM
- ~12:00 Lunch Break (No Concessions. Bring your own lunch and non-alcoholic drinks.)
- ~12:45 Corner Workers Out (Group B)
- ~1:00 Group A – First Car on Course PM
- ~1:45 Group B – First Car on Course PM
- ~3:00 Course Tear Down
- ~3:00 Beer Thirty
Autocross Competition Classes
- TO = Time Only or Non-Porsche
- Select the TO class if you will drive something other than a Porsche, or if you drive a Porsche and do not wish to place your car in a Porsche class
- CS = Class SUV — All Cayenne, Macan & Panamera models
- C1 = Class 1
- 356 (all)
- 912, 912E
- 914 (all)
- 911 (thru 1988)
- 924, 944, 968, 928
- 911 Turbo (3.3 liter and under, pre-1994)
- Boxster – 986 (non-S, thru 2004)
- C2 = Class 2
- Boxster – 986 (S models, thru 2004)
- Boxster & Cayman – 987.1 (non-S, 2005 – 2008)
- 911- 964 & 993 (non-Turbo, 1989 – 1998)
- C3 = Class 3
- Boxster & Cayman – 987.1 (S models, 2005-2008)
- Boxster & Cayman – 987.2 or 981 (non-S, 2009-2016)
- 911 – 964 Turbo (1990-1994)
- 911 – 993 Turbo (1994-1998)
- 911 – 996 & 997.1 (1999-2008)
- C4 = Class 4
- Boxster & Cayman – 982/718 (non-S, 2017->)
- Boxster & Cayman – 987.2 & 981 (R/S/GTS, 2009-2016)
- 911 – 996 & 997.1 (S/GTSs, 1999-2008)
- 911 – 997.2 & 991 & 992 (non-S, 2009->)
- C5 = Class 5
- Boxster & Cayman – 982/718 (S/GTS/GTS 4.0 models, 2017->)
- Boxster Spyder – 981 & 718 (2016->)
- 911- 997.2 & 991 & 992 (S/GTS/X51, 2009->)
- 911 – 996 & 997 & 991 & 992 (Turbo/Turbo S, 1999->)
- GT2 & GT3 & GT4 (all)
- Carrera GT
- Taycan (all)