The Rocky Mountain Region (RMR) Porsche Club believes in the importance and benefit of supporting its community through various charitable organizations.
As a club, we have woven charitable giving into the fabric of our event planning and activities. We encourage our members to share their enthusiasm for charities near and dear to their hearts and are pleased to facilitate fund raising and awareness among our membership. We owe our success to the generosity and dedication of our members, who prove time and time again that it is not just the cars, it is the people.
We approach our charitable giving in several ways.
- Ongoing support for the Concours d’Elegance and Exotic Sports Car Show held in June. For the past 38 years RMR has been an integral part of this event, which raises funds to support Ability Connection Colorado. Ability Connection Colorado provides inclusive education, pathways to employment and statewide family support programs to create opportunities and sustainable change for our disabled citizens and their families across the state of Colorado.
- Board Budgeted Donations
- Each year the board will set aside club funds to be used for charitable donations. All recipients must be 501(c)(3) organizations. Charities tied to specific religious denominations or organizations supporting specific political views will not be considered. Donations from $100 to $500 will be made to charitable organizations at the request of members.
- Member requesting donations should complete an Application for Charitable Sponsorship and submit it to the charity committee at firstname.lastname@example.org for review. The charity committee will then make a recommendation to the board for final approval. When a donation is approved by the board, a charity committee representative will request a check from the Treasurer. The check will be sent to the charity by the charity committee representative along with a letter from RMR.
- Member Donations at Club Events
- Event chairs can designate a charity to receive member donations and proceeds from noon-time rides, if approved by the board. The registrar for the event will set up an on-line donation button for donations to be made at the time of registration. Funds can also be collected at the events. All recipients must be 501(c)(3) organizations. Charities tied to specific religious denominations or organizations supporting specific political views will not be considered.
As President Dwight Eisenhower reminded us, “Humanitarianism is a link that binds together all Americans… Generosity has never impoverished the giver; it has enriched the lives of those who have practiced it.”
If you have any questions about the committee, would like to become a member, or have a suggestion for an opportunity/event for RMR to participate in, please contact the committee at email@example.com.